GLOBAL: Absolut's Travel Retail chief resigns
Absolut is due to unveil a replacement for Olsson next month
Anders Olsson, who has been director of the unit for eight years, will step down on 29 November and move from London back to his home town of Stockholm, Absolut announced today (19 November). “The reasons for Olsson’s decision are personal,” the Swedish vodka producer said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the company declined to expand on the reason for Olsson's departure.
Olsson, who has been based in London for the past three years, said: “I want to take the opportunity to thank my unique and excellent team for all their efforts and extraordinary dedication to our mission over the years... I wish all my very best and loads of fun in the future.”
Absolut, which was acquired by Pernod in 2008, said a successor to Olsson will be announced next month.
In the first part of our interview with Stock Spirits' CEO, Chris Heath looked back at the company's IPO last year, and what it now means for the company to be standing on its own two feet. Today, in ...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015