CANADA: Absolut and Labatt launch Absolut Cut
Absolut has announced plans to launch a new pre-mixed drink in Canada. Absolut Cut, the result of a new partnership between V&S Group and Interbrew, is a combination of lime, orange and mandarin with Absolut Vodka.
In a statement, Bengt Baron, president of V&S Absolut Spirits, said: "The market for pre-mixed drinks has developed at a rapid pace in the last few years and, with consumer preferences evolving, there is an opportunity for a more sophisticated product."
Labatt Breweries of Canada, an Interbrew subsidiary, will oversee all production and distribution of Absolut Cut locally. Maxxium Worldwide will continue to distribute Absolut Vodka in Canada and other international markets.
"V&S has, through extensive brand building expertise, created one of the world's greatest trademarks in Absolut. This, together with Labatt's unprecedented route to market, gives Absolut Cut a solid foundation for success in Canada," says Labatt president Stewart Gilliland.
"This launch is consistent with Labatt and Interbrew's strategy to forge partnerships that enable us to offer customers and consumers the preferred adult beverage for all relevant consumption occasions."
The new drink will initially be launched in selected markets within Canada in late April, with full, nationwide distribution by May 2004.
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
V&S Absolut Spirits has opened a new distillery in Nöbbelöv, just outside Åhus....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends