SOUTH AFRICA: ABI sales volumes flat
Amalgamated Beverage Industries Ltd (ABI), a subsidiary of South African Breweries (SAB), announced what it described as "a satisfactory set of results" despite seeing an improvement in sales volumes of only 0.5%. Sales volumes ended the year at 10.97m hectolitres, an improvement of 0.5% on the volumes achieved in the prior year. The decline in volumes of 3% to 4.47m hectolitres at the interim reporting stage was reversed, said the company with growth of 3% in the second half.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research