UK: A-B InBev launches Budweiser World Cup bottle
The Budweiser World Cup bottle is coming to the UK
Limited edition Budweiser bottles featuring the FIFA World Cup trophy will be launched by Anheuser-Busch InBev in the run-up to this year's tournament.
The 473ml, red and silver aluminium bottles will be launched in the UK from mid-April, A-B InBev said yesterday (12 April).
Budweiser is the official beer of the FIFA World Cup, which kicks off in South Africa in June.
"The limited edition trophy bottle is just one of many activities that Budweiser is doing to support outlets and help generate greater sales momentum during the lead up to what will be the biggest sporting event and largest sales opportunity of the year,” said James Watson, marketing director for Budweiser in Western Europe.
A-B InBev is planning heavyweight advertising in the UK before and during the World Cup.
The brewer last week announced an on-pack promotion for the Budweiser beer brand in the UK, also around the World Cup.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
We fully intend to keep an eye on how things develop here in the UK with Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra bottled beer brand....
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading econo...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends