UK: £2M MBO Puts the Fizz into Leading B2B Drinks Business Knowledge Site
Serving business professionals in the drinks business across the world, just-drinks.com was launched in May, 1999, and has rapidly developed into the leading source of information and business knowledge, winning AOL's "Editor's Pick" accolade and "Star" recommendation from the Open Project. Exclusive content is provided by a wide range of industry partners as well as by the site's own research resources.
Managing editor is Elliott Lane, former deputy editor of Drinks International Bulletin, who has worked on a wide range of national, professional and industry publications - and for TV.
Commenting on the role of the site, Lane said: "The Internet is now the most exciting and dramatic source of information and news. It is ideal for the drinks industry because it offers global access to the people the industry needs to communicate with - not just competitors and distributors, but consumers as well."
The major portion of the proceeds will be used to develop and promote just-sites.com's four current portals, which are already established as market leaders in the online information market - which is forecast to grow to $40 billion worldwide by 2004 - generating substantial hit levels and significant revenue.
According to CEO Allan Davies, just-sites.com has a well-established knowledge supply chain and intelligent use of the Internet provides a more efficient and lower cost marketing and distribution channel for the business. "Our business model is based on lower costs and better service for both suppliers and customers. Unlike many other dot.com businesses, we have taken a hard-headed, traditional business approach to all our ventures.
"Our marketing costs are proportionate to a sound business plan - and our current revenue - and as a result we predict monthly profitability within 18 months. The buyout provides us with the resources to build just-sites into a leading global brand and increase substantially the substance and value of our content."
Key elements of just-sites.com's expansion will be an extension of the range of information services, widening of partnerships with other information providers, marketing alliances with major brands and personalization of knowledge delivery to sharpen differentiation.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report