USA: 160 jobs axed at Wine.com
Founded in 1994, as Virtual Vineyards, Wine.com said the job losses were distributed throughout the company and the final make up of its executive team has yet to be determined.
In a statement the California-based company said: "The Wine.com senior management team has created a streamlined business plan and we are in the process of implementing that plan."
Wine.Com, which merged with WineShopper.com (backed by Amazon.com.Inc., Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and other investors) last year, said its web site would continue to take order and ship products to customers.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends