ASDA Stores Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
ASDA Stores Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
ASDA Stores Limited (ASDA) is an in-store and online retailer of a wide range of food and non-food products. The company’s product portfolio includes groceries, apparel, electrical products, furniture, garden, home-ware, toys, baby items, sports and leisure, jewelry, gifts, mobile phones and other consumer products. It also offers pharmacies, coffee shops, and petrol stations within its stores. In addition to several national brands, the company offers private brands, including George and ASDA. The company operates an extensive network of stores under different formats including superstores, supermarkets, supercentres, living and depots.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
ASDA Stores Limited - Key Facts
ASDA Stores Limited - Key Employees
ASDA Stores Limited - Key Employee Biographies
ASDA Stores Limited - Major Products and Services
ASDA Stores Limited - History
ASDA Stores Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
ASDA Stores Limited - Business Description
ASDA Stores Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
ASDA Stores Limited - Strengths
Strength - Leading Market Position
Strength - Broad Product and Service Portfolio
Strength - Diverse Store Formats
ASDA Stores Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Operational Presence
ASDA Stores Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Opportunities in Retail Space
Opportunity - Increasing Online Sales: the UK
Opportunity - Strategic Growth Initiatives
ASDA Stores Limited - Threats
Threat - Rising Manpower Cost
Threat - Highly Competitive Market
Threat - Regulated Financial Services Business
ASDA Stores Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
ASDA Stores Limited, Key Facts
ASDA Stores Limited, Key Employees
ASDA Stores Limited, Key Employee Biographies
ASDA Stores Limited, Major Products and Services
ASDA Stores Limited, History
ASDA Stores Limited, Other Locations
ASDA Stores Limited, Key Competitors
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 5:00am (Saturday, 8 March 2014)