February 2011 Management Briefing - The Alcohol Debate: From the Other Side
February's just-drinks management briefing takes an in-depth view of the 'anti-alcohol lobby'. Such a sweeping term is open to misinterpretation, but Ben Cooper has looked at a clearer definition, and then deconstructs the detractors around the world.
February's just-drinks management briefing takes an in-depth view of the 'anti-alcohol lobby'. In this introduction, Ben Cooper looks to define as clearly as possible who makes up this powerful force in the alcohol debate.
The first part of just-drinks February management briefing, which considers the alcohol debate, turns the spotlight on the US. Ben Cooper looks at an arena where the debating is at its fiercest.
In the second part of February's just-drinks management briefing, Ben Cooper continues his detailed look at the alcohol debate, returning from the other side of the Atlantic to look at the state of play in the UK.
The penultimate part of this month's just-drinks management briefing sees Ben Cooper look at the alcohol debate around the rest of the world, especially in the European Union.
The alcohol policy debate was back in the spotlight earlier this month, with the publication of a paper in The Lancet warning of thousands of avoidable alcohol-related deaths if stronger action is not taken by the UK government. Ben Cooper, whose management briefing this month examines the various groups campaigning for tighter alcohol legislation, asks whether the debate needs to be so acrimonious.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends