February 2011 Management Briefing - The Alcohol Debate: From the Other Side
February's just-drinks management briefing takes an in-depth view of the 'anti-alcohol lobby'. Such a sweeping term is open to misinterpretation, but Ben Cooper has looked at a clearer definition, and then deconstructs the detractors around the world.
February's just-drinks management briefing takes an in-depth view of the 'anti-alcohol lobby'. In this introduction, Ben Cooper looks to define as clearly as possible who makes up this powerful force in the alcohol debate.
The first part of just-drinks February management briefing, which considers the alcohol debate, turns the spotlight on the US. Ben Cooper looks at an arena where the debating is at its fiercest.
In the second part of February's just-drinks management briefing, Ben Cooper continues his detailed look at the alcohol debate, returning from the other side of the Atlantic to look at the state of play in the UK.
The penultimate part of this month's just-drinks management briefing sees Ben Cooper look at the alcohol debate around the rest of the world, especially in the European Union.
The alcohol policy debate was back in the spotlight earlier this month, with the publication of a paper in The Lancet warning of thousands of avoidable alcohol-related deaths if stronger action is not taken by the UK government. Ben Cooper, whose management briefing this month examines the various groups campaigning for tighter alcohol legislation, asks whether the debate needs to be so acrimonious.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages