April 2011 Management Briefing - The PIGS Markets
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard takes a look at the problems facing drinks companies who operate in Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain - the so-called PIGS markets.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four markets have all seen better days, and are hitting the headlines for the headaches they are causing.
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal.
The second part of this month's management briefing, looking at the markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, sees RIchard Woodard look at the situation in Ireland.
In the final part of this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard rounds off his tour of the PIGS markets in Greece.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range