April 2011 Management Briefing - The PIGS Markets
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard takes a look at the problems facing drinks companies who operate in Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain - the so-called PIGS markets.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four markets have all seen better days, and are hitting the headlines for the headaches they are causing.
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal.
The second part of this month's management briefing, looking at the markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, sees RIchard Woodard look at the situation in Ireland.
In the final part of this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard rounds off his tour of the PIGS markets in Greece.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015