just the Answer - James Espey, The Last Drop Distillers
From heading up Bailey's in its formative years and chairman of Chivas Brothers, to launching Malibu, Piat d'Or and the Classic Malts range, James Espey has been one of the drinks industry's true innovators over the last 40 years. His latest venture, The Last Drop Distillers has taken him into the ultra-premium spirits industry. Alongside long-term partners Peter Fleck and Tom Jago he has already found a 50-year-old Scotch blend - enough for 1,347 bottles - and begun selling it. He talks to Chris Brook-Carter about his plans for the business, his fears for the spirits industry and why the recession is a good thing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head