just the Answer - James Espey, The Last Drop Distillers
From heading up Bailey's in its formative years and chairman of Chivas Brothers, to launching Malibu, Piat d'Or and the Classic Malts range, James Espey has been one of the drinks industry's true innovators over the last 40 years. His latest venture, The Last Drop Distillers has taken him into the ultra-premium spirits industry. Alongside long-term partners Peter Fleck and Tom Jago he has already found a 50-year-old Scotch blend - enough for 1,347 bottles - and begun selling it. He talks to Chris Brook-Carter about his plans for the business, his fears for the spirits industry and why the recession is a good thing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research