The Wehring Interview - May 2011 - Heineken's CEO
This week is book-ended sports-wise for Heineken. Last weekend saw Leinster mug Northampton Saints in the Heineken Cup final. Then, this Saturday, Barcelona meet Manchester United in the Heineken-sponsored Champions' League final. In between these two duels, we offer an exclusive, two-part interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, who boasts a good knowledge of one of the two sports.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been granted plenty of time in which to ask them.
The head of Heineken sees Africa as "the cornerstone" of the brewer's business, with strong potential across the continent for both mainstream and premium beer, he has told just-drinks in an exclusive interview.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research