The Wehring Interview - May 2011 - Heineken's CEO
This week is book-ended sports-wise for Heineken. Last weekend saw Leinster mug Northampton Saints in the Heineken Cup final. Then, this Saturday, Barcelona meet Manchester United in the Heineken-sponsored Champions' League final. In between these two duels, we offer an exclusive, two-part interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, who boasts a good knowledge of one of the two sports.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been granted plenty of time in which to ask them.
The head of Heineken sees Africa as "the cornerstone" of the brewer's business, with strong potential across the continent for both mainstream and premium beer, he has told just-drinks in an exclusive interview.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research