The Wehring Interview - February 2011 - Pernod Ricard's CEO
With apologies for the delay - we have the best excuse possible - but here's February's Wehring interview, when Olly Wehring travelled to Paris to speak to Pernod Ricard's CEO, Pierre Pringuet.
February's Wehring interview comes ten days late, due to the early arrival of Wehring Junior shortly after our editor returned from France, where he was granted 30 minutes with the CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet. In their time together, Pringuet discusses the first six months of Pernod's fiscal 2011, as well as Absolut, China and war-chests.
The head of Pernod Ricard has clarified the company's current M&A stance, and stated that he intends for the company to play a part in industry consolidation going forward.
Is it a case of cultural differences, or is Pernod Ricard playing a bit coy on its attitude to mergers and acquisitions?
The atmosphere here at Pernod Ricard's Paris headquarters feels almost celebratory. Not only is the sun out, and the kids are on half-term, but it might just be the wine and spirits company's half-year results, released earlier today, which has given employees here a spring in their step on this February Thursday.
Pernod Ricard has raised its full-year profits guidance after reporting strong rises in sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research