The Wehring Interview - February 2011 - Pernod Ricard's CEO
With apologies for the delay - we have the best excuse possible - but here's February's Wehring interview, when Olly Wehring travelled to Paris to speak to Pernod Ricard's CEO, Pierre Pringuet.
February's Wehring interview comes ten days late, due to the early arrival of Wehring Junior shortly after our editor returned from France, where he was granted 30 minutes with the CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet. In their time together, Pringuet discusses the first six months of Pernod's fiscal 2011, as well as Absolut, China and war-chests.
The head of Pernod Ricard has clarified the company's current M&A stance, and stated that he intends for the company to play a part in industry consolidation going forward.
Is it a case of cultural differences, or is Pernod Ricard playing a bit coy on its attitude to mergers and acquisitions?
The atmosphere here at Pernod Ricard's Paris headquarters feels almost celebratory. Not only is the sun out, and the kids are on half-term, but it might just be the wine and spirits company's half-year results, released earlier today, which has given employees here a spring in their step on this February Thursday.
Pernod Ricard has raised its full-year profits guidance after reporting strong rises in sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends