TFWA World Exhibition 2012
Last week, the travel retail world converged on Cannes in France for the TFWA exhibition. just-drinks was in tow, so here's a round-up of our coverage.
Next week’s TFWA World Exhibition reverts to its traditional late October time slot after last year’s G20 Summit in Cannes forced the show to set up shop a month earlier in sunny September. Yet the prospect of chillier nights and a shower or two on the Croisette is unlikely to dampen the spirits of the 104 liquor exhibitors attending this year’s event. Indeed, all things considered, Joe Bates believes that the duty-free wine and spirit business is in pretty good shape.
Constellation Brands has teamed up with distributor Rubis to target Africa's growing demand for premium wine.
Friday, the sixth and final day of TFWA, and as the heavens open above Cannes, just-drinks joins everyone in packing up and heading home.
Former government-owned Mongolian alcohol maker APU will enter the international travel retail sector next year for the first time with two new vodka lines.
Tequila is continuing to making inroads in travel retail as the category premiumises and takes market share from Scotch whisky and vodka, according to the head of Patron Tequila.
The new head of Bruichladdich Distillery has said that the Scotch producer accepted Remy Cointreau's takeover bid because the French firm did not have a presence in whisky and would not tell the Scotch firm how to operate.
Drinks companies should be more creative in travel retail by hooking into trends such as virtual stores, an airport branding company boss has said.
Diageo is putting its largest travel retail investment in a new Johnnie Walker collection exclusive to the sector.
Diageo's global travel retail head Roland Abella was in a bullish mood last night (24 October).
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Exposure
just-drinks is in Cannes for the Tax Free World Association Exhibition, the annual travel retail get-together, and it's not just the warm weather that marks this event out as a different world.
Brown-Forman's Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends