Round-Up - The UK's Public Health Responsibility Deal
Here, we bring together our coverage of the introduction this week of the Public Health Responsibility Deal in the UK
The Public Health Responsibility Deal, unveiled by the UK government today, underlines its commitment to voluntary company-led measures to tackle alcohol-related problems. However, Ben Cooper believes industry should not see this as a victory in itself. The actions themselves have to deliver.
This may be one of the more pointless preachings to the converted I've taken to pen. After all, I'm sure that drinks industry detractors will no doubt read these musings and conclude: “Well, he would say that.”
The UK alcoholic drinks industry has come out in favour of the Government's Public Health Responsibility Deal, which has been announced today (15 March).
The drinks industry in the UK has hit back at claims by key health groups that a Government-brokered deal to reduce alcohol-related harm in the country "is all carrot and no stick".
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research