Round-Up - The UK's Public Health Responsibility Deal
Here, we bring together our coverage of the introduction this week of the Public Health Responsibility Deal in the UK
The Public Health Responsibility Deal, unveiled by the UK government today, underlines its commitment to voluntary company-led measures to tackle alcohol-related problems. However, Ben Cooper believes industry should not see this as a victory in itself. The actions themselves have to deliver.
This may be one of the more pointless preachings to the converted I've taken to pen. After all, I'm sure that drinks industry detractors will no doubt read these musings and conclude: “Well, he would say that.”
The UK alcoholic drinks industry has come out in favour of the Government's Public Health Responsibility Deal, which has been announced today (15 March).
The drinks industry in the UK has hit back at claims by key health groups that a Government-brokered deal to reduce alcohol-related harm in the country "is all carrot and no stick".
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research