Round-Up - The UK's Public Health Responsibility Deal
Here, we bring together our coverage of the introduction this week of the Public Health Responsibility Deal in the UK
The Public Health Responsibility Deal, unveiled by the UK government today, underlines its commitment to voluntary company-led measures to tackle alcohol-related problems. However, Ben Cooper believes industry should not see this as a victory in itself. The actions themselves have to deliver.
This may be one of the more pointless preachings to the converted I've taken to pen. After all, I'm sure that drinks industry detractors will no doubt read these musings and conclude: “Well, he would say that.”
The UK alcoholic drinks industry has come out in favour of the Government's Public Health Responsibility Deal, which has been announced today (15 March).
The drinks industry in the UK has hit back at claims by key health groups that a Government-brokered deal to reduce alcohol-related harm in the country "is all carrot and no stick".
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review