Round-Up - TFWA World Exhibition 2010
All the fun of the fair at this year's TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), the president of travel retail at Pernod Ricard Americas, Christophe Lemarié, explains which of the company's divested brands he'll miss the most.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes today (20 October), Ian Taylor, global marketing manager for travel retail at William Grant & Sons, echoes the firm's excitement at the arrival of Tullamore Dew to the William Grant stable.
After Monday's gentle breaking in, the Tuesday is traditionally the day when the TFWA really starts to buzz. That was certainly the case for me.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), John McDonnell, chief operating officer of Patrón Spirits Company, explains why he remains optimistic about the Tequila company's future, despite the trend towards drinking at home in its main market, the US.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (18 October), Michael Cunningham, regional manager of travel retail at Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers, gives his reaction to William Grant & Sons' purchase of Irish whiskey brand Tullamore Dew earlier this year.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), Jonathan Driver, global brand ambassador for Johnnie Walker at Diageo, gives his view on the halo effect afforded to a brand by mega-premium expressions.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes opened its doors yesterday morning (18 October) for the first day of the TFWA World Exhibition. The sun and the sea looked pretty inviting after leaving London in the dark, but it's in the halls of the Palais that the bulk of my time here will be spent.
We're back in Cannes next week for the TFWA World Exhibition. Ahead of the six-day travel retail trade fair, Joe Bates sets the scene on the channel, and looks at what we can expect to see in the hall.
The president of the Tax Free World Association has played down concerns that terrorism warnings in Europe could impact travel-retail sales by reducing traveller numbers.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014