Round-Up - TFWA World Exhibition 2010
All the fun of the fair at this year's TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), the president of travel retail at Pernod Ricard Americas, Christophe Lemarié, explains which of the company's divested brands he'll miss the most.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes today (20 October), Ian Taylor, global marketing manager for travel retail at William Grant & Sons, echoes the firm's excitement at the arrival of Tullamore Dew to the William Grant stable.
After Monday's gentle breaking in, the Tuesday is traditionally the day when the TFWA really starts to buzz. That was certainly the case for me.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), John McDonnell, chief operating officer of Patrón Spirits Company, explains why he remains optimistic about the Tequila company's future, despite the trend towards drinking at home in its main market, the US.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (18 October), Michael Cunningham, regional manager of travel retail at Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers, gives his reaction to William Grant & Sons' purchase of Irish whiskey brand Tullamore Dew earlier this year.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), Jonathan Driver, global brand ambassador for Johnnie Walker at Diageo, gives his view on the halo effect afforded to a brand by mega-premium expressions.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes opened its doors yesterday morning (18 October) for the first day of the TFWA World Exhibition. The sun and the sea looked pretty inviting after leaving London in the dark, but it's in the halls of the Palais that the bulk of my time here will be spent.
We're back in Cannes next week for the TFWA World Exhibition. Ahead of the six-day travel retail trade fair, Joe Bates sets the scene on the channel, and looks at what we can expect to see in the hall.
The president of the Tax Free World Association has played down concerns that terrorism warnings in Europe could impact travel-retail sales by reducing traveller numbers.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends