Round-Up - SABMiller agrees deal with Foster's Group
Foster's Group has decided to emerge from the barricades and play ball with SABMiller. You can find just-drinks' comprehensive coverage - from both sides of the fence - right here.
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business.
The head of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has hailed SABMiller's takeover agreement with Foster's as "a great deal" for the company.
It's not too late to beat SABMiller's bid for Foster's Group, apparently.
conference call about his board's recommendation of SABMiller's latest offer. Click play below to hear the conference and the Q&A afterwards.
SABMiller's takeover deal for Foster's Group has raised eyebrows about the Peroni brewer's strategy. Here, the maturity of Australia's beer market is underlined by consumption figures going back to 1945.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about – in part – following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. How much that improvement equates to, however, is open to confusion and Foster's appears all too keen to keep those waters murky.
SABMiller has agreed a deal to buy Foster's Group for AUD5.1 per share in cash, in a deal valuing the business at AUD12.3bn (US$12.6bn), including debt.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends