Round-Up - SABMiller agrees deal with Foster's Group
Foster's Group has decided to emerge from the barricades and play ball with SABMiller. You can find just-drinks' comprehensive coverage - from both sides of the fence - right here.
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business.
The head of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has hailed SABMiller's takeover agreement with Foster's as "a great deal" for the company.
It's not too late to beat SABMiller's bid for Foster's Group, apparently.
conference call about his board's recommendation of SABMiller's latest offer. Click play below to hear the conference and the Q&A afterwards.
SABMiller's takeover deal for Foster's Group has raised eyebrows about the Peroni brewer's strategy. Here, the maturity of Australia's beer market is underlined by consumption figures going back to 1945.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about – in part – following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. How much that improvement equates to, however, is open to confusion and Foster's appears all too keen to keep those waters murky.
SABMiller has agreed a deal to buy Foster's Group for AUD5.1 per share in cash, in a deal valuing the business at AUD12.3bn (US$12.6bn), including debt.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?