Round-Up - Rising Input Costs
Several drinks companies are warning that input costs could significantly affect their business in 2011. Here, just-drinks brings you all of our latest content on the issue.
As we continue to up our commentary on the drinks industry, this week sees the first in a quarterly feature in which Simon Jackson, executive director of the Institute of Brewing & Distilling, gives us his view on the issues facing the brewers amongst us. Here, Jackson considers the pricing of raw materials, and asks what we have learned from the fluctuating fortunes of malted barley.
Britvic's warning on soaring input costs could well be a sign of things to come.
Britvic has said that rising demand for juices from the world's emerging economies has been a major factor in the higher-than-expected input costs that will hit the company's profits in its current fiscal year.
Britvic's share price has slumped by 10% after it warned that higher-than-expected input costs will hit profits in its current fiscal year.
Commodity costs have rocketed in the past year and are set to cause problems for soft drinks firms in 2011 and beyond, if the latest set of industry results are anything to go by.
We are only one poor harvest away from chaos, a leading food analyst has predicted this week. Coming in the same week as the floods in Australia, which, aside from awful social affects, will devastate the region's wheat harvest, this has thrown the spotlight squarely onto the rising prices of raw materials once again.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends