Round-Up - Remy Cointreau's move for Bruichladdich
In early-July, Remy Cointreau confirmed that it has begun negotiations to buy Islay-based Scotch whisky producer Bruichladdich. Here's just-drinks' coverage of the matter.
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves...
Should Remy Cointreau snare Bruichladdich in the coming weeks, as seems likely, the purists in the Scotch whisky category will, as is their wont, be up in arms over the sale.
Remy Cointreau's possible acquisition of Scotch whisky producer Bruichladdich is strategically positive for the French firm, but unlikley to make a big difference to its bottom-line, an analyst has argued.
Remy Cointreau has entered into "exclusive negotiations" with Bruichladdich Distillery Company with a view to buying the Scotch whisky producer outright.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages