Round-Up - Remy Cointreau's move for Bruichladdich
In early-July, Remy Cointreau confirmed that it has begun negotiations to buy Islay-based Scotch whisky producer Bruichladdich. Here's just-drinks' coverage of the matter.
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves...
Should Remy Cointreau snare Bruichladdich in the coming weeks, as seems likely, the purists in the Scotch whisky category will, as is their wont, be up in arms over the sale.
Remy Cointreau's possible acquisition of Scotch whisky producer Bruichladdich is strategically positive for the French firm, but unlikley to make a big difference to its bottom-line, an analyst has argued.
Remy Cointreau has entered into "exclusive negotiations" with Bruichladdich Distillery Company with a view to buying the Scotch whisky producer outright.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015