Round-up - Pernod Ricard's H1
Pernod Ricard has reported strong rises in sales and profits for its half-year. Here, we bring you the key figures, company reaction and analyst comments on the company's performance.
Pernod Ricard's CEO has said that China's thirst for Cognac and Scotch whisky will soon see it overtake the drinks giant's native France to become its second largest market in 2011.
The atmosphere here at Pernod Ricard's Paris headquarters feels almost celebratory. Not only is the sun out, and the kids are on half-term, but it might just be the wine and spirits company's half-year results, released earlier today, which has given employees here a spring in their step on this February Thursday.
Pernod Ricard has raised its full-year profits guidance after reporting strong rises in sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year.
Pernod Ricard's CEO, Pierre Pringuet, has said that the company has a "full pipeline" of new drinks being prepared for launch in 2011.
Pernod Ricard's increased advertising spend is set to pay dividends in 2011, but will debt shackle the French group to the sidelines when it comes to M&A?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends