Round-Up - Pernod Ricard's H1 Results 2013/14
In February, multinational wine and spirits company Pernod Ricard released its half-year results for its fiscal 2013/4. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Pernod Ricard has reported a slide in first-half net profits and sales as on-going pressures in China continue.
For as long as I've known the firm, Pernod Ricard has always carried itself with an air of Gallic insouciance:
Pernod Ricard maintains that the reliance of its Martell Cognac brand on the Chinese market is not a concern, despite a marked fall in the brand's performance there in the company's fiscal first half.
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so.
Today, Pernod Ricard released its half-year results, which showed single-digit drops in sales and net profits. Here is a closer look at the company's performance by region and by brand.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research