Round-Up - Pernod Ricard's H1 Results 2013/14
In February, multinational wine and spirits company Pernod Ricard released its half-year results for its fiscal 2013/4. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Pernod Ricard has reported a slide in first-half net profits and sales as on-going pressures in China continue.
For as long as I've known the firm, Pernod Ricard has always carried itself with an air of Gallic insouciance:
Pernod Ricard maintains that the reliance of its Martell Cognac brand on the Chinese market is not a concern, despite a marked fall in the brand's performance there in the company's fiscal first half.
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so.
Today, Pernod Ricard released its half-year results, which showed single-digit drops in sales and net profits. Here is a closer look at the company's performance by region and by brand.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits