Round-Up - Pernod Ricard's H1 Results 2013/14
In February, multinational wine and spirits company Pernod Ricard released its half-year results for its fiscal 2013/4. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Pernod Ricard has reported a slide in first-half net profits and sales as on-going pressures in China continue.
For as long as I've known the firm, Pernod Ricard has always carried itself with an air of Gallic insouciance:
Pernod Ricard maintains that the reliance of its Martell Cognac brand on the Chinese market is not a concern, despite a marked fall in the brand's performance there in the company's fiscal first half.
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so.
Today, Pernod Ricard released its half-year results, which showed single-digit drops in sales and net profits. Here is a closer look at the company's performance by region and by brand.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends