Round-Up - Pernod Ricard's FY Results
At the end of August, Pernod Ricard released its full-year results for fiscal 2013/14. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Pernod Ricard has reported a double-digit fall in full-year net profits as volumes of its headline brands dipped slightly.
It looks like the days of transformational acquisitions are behind Pernod Ricard. These days, the company is keener to maintain its investment grade rating than embark on a shopping spree.
Pernod Ricard has quantified its claim that China is showing signs of improvement, but conceded that growth will be driven by the more “affordable” SKUs in its spirits portfolio.
When a company announces a cost-savings programme, you can guarantee it will get its own headline. When the programme is given a name by the company, the headline gets that little bit louder. But when the company announcing the programme is French, then start polishing those lightbulbs.
Pernod Ricard has blamed the rise of craft spirits such as Tito's Handmade Vodka for a drop-off in US sales for its Absolut brand.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a drop in full-year profits and sales. Here's a closer look at the Paris-headquartered company's performance in the 12 months to the end of June.
Pernod Ricard will report its quarter four and full-year numbers on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Paris-headquartered group has been up to in the three months to the end of June:
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World