Round-Up - Pernod Ricard's FY Results
At the end of August, Pernod Ricard released its full-year results for fiscal 2013/14. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Pernod Ricard has reported a double-digit fall in full-year net profits as volumes of its headline brands dipped slightly.
It looks like the days of transformational acquisitions are behind Pernod Ricard. These days, the company is keener to maintain its investment grade rating than embark on a shopping spree.
Pernod Ricard has quantified its claim that China is showing signs of improvement, but conceded that growth will be driven by the more “affordable” SKUs in its spirits portfolio.
When a company announces a cost-savings programme, you can guarantee it will get its own headline. When the programme is given a name by the company, the headline gets that little bit louder. But when the company announcing the programme is French, then start polishing those lightbulbs.
Pernod Ricard has blamed the rise of craft spirits such as Tito's Handmade Vodka for a drop-off in US sales for its Absolut brand.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a drop in full-year profits and sales. Here's a closer look at the Paris-headquartered company's performance in the 12 months to the end of June.
Pernod Ricard will report its quarter four and full-year numbers on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Paris-headquartered group has been up to in the three months to the end of June:
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research