Round-Up - PepsiCo's Q3 & YTD Results 2013
In mid-October, PepsiCo released its Q3 and year-to-date results. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the company's performance in the three and nine month periods.
PepsiCo has posted a strong jump in year-to-date group profits, but North American beverages dragged on the Q3 performance as CSD volumes dropped by mid-single digits.
The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo's third-quarter results both hit the pavement this week, with contrasting performances for the beverage rivals in their home market.
PepsiCo's North American beverage volumes will have dropped 20% in the four years before 2015 if current rates of decline continue, an analyst has warned.
The past couple of months have seen much talk over Nelson Peltz's manoeuvrings to pressure PepsiCo into paring off its beverage units into a stand-alone company ahead of a possible sell off.
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi has admitted that a slowdown in US diet soda sales has been more rapid than expected.
PepsiCo will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (16 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of September.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range