Round-Up - PepsiCo's Q3 & YTD Results 2013
In mid-October, PepsiCo released its Q3 and year-to-date results. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the company's performance in the three and nine month periods.
PepsiCo has posted a strong jump in year-to-date group profits, but North American beverages dragged on the Q3 performance as CSD volumes dropped by mid-single digits.
The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo's third-quarter results both hit the pavement this week, with contrasting performances for the beverage rivals in their home market.
PepsiCo's North American beverage volumes will have dropped 20% in the four years before 2015 if current rates of decline continue, an analyst has warned.
The past couple of months have seen much talk over Nelson Peltz's manoeuvrings to pressure PepsiCo into paring off its beverage units into a stand-alone company ahead of a possible sell off.
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi has admitted that a slowdown in US diet soda sales has been more rapid than expected.
PepsiCo will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (16 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of September.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages