Round-Up - Diageo's H1
Earlier this week, Diageo released its first-half results. A lot of people had a lot to say about the numbers. Here's where we bring it altogether.
Weak consumer confidence in Europe has subdued a rise in sales and profits for Diageo in its fiscal half-year.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is openly seeking more acquisitions in emerging markets and might even have a pop at Jim Beam, but the bullish talk was not enough to crush investors' disappointment at the drinks giant's half-year results. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has said that the drinks giant would take a look at Beam Global Spirits & Wine if the business becomes available for acquisition.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in London today (10 February), Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's president for Asia Pacific, looks to the future for the drinks giant across the region, and sees Vietnam as offering healthy returns for Diageo.
Diageo is set to report its second quarter and half-year results tomorrow (10 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for Diageo over its second fiscal quarter, the final three months of calendar 2010.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends