Round-Up - Diageo's H1
Earlier this week, Diageo released its first-half results. A lot of people had a lot to say about the numbers. Here's where we bring it altogether.
Weak consumer confidence in Europe has subdued a rise in sales and profits for Diageo in its fiscal half-year.
Diageo remains cautious about its short-term prospects after reporting that economic problems in Europe took the shine off strong global demand for premium Scotch whisky and vodka in the first half of its fiscal year.
Diageo is openly seeking more acquisitions in emerging markets and might even have a pop at Jim Beam, but the bullish talk was not enough to crush investors' disappointment at the drinks giant's half-year results. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has said that the drinks giant would take a look at Beam Global Spirits & Wine if the business becomes available for acquisition.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in London today (10 February), Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's president for Asia Pacific, looks to the future for the drinks giant across the region, and sees Vietnam as offering healthy returns for Diageo.
Diageo is set to report its second quarter and half-year results tomorrow (10 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for Diageo over its second fiscal quarter, the final three months of calendar 2010.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits