Round-Up - Diageo Toasts Full-Year Results
Diageo has impressed analysts and investors by reporting a solid set of full-year results, not to mention some bullish guidance. Here, you can find all just-drinks' coverage.
Diageo has come from behind to surprise investors in a fiscal year that looked more than a little rocky at half-time. Here, just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer talks to Diageo CEO Paul Walsh about the results and what happens next.
Diageo has kissed and made up with analysts after producing a solid set of full-year results and some pretty bullish guidance on years to come. Here, just-drinks takes you through the market reaction.
Diageo's Paul Walsh isn't short of people telling him what to do with his company's money. So, on the back of a strong set of full-year results, Richard Woodard decided to have a nose around the Diageo stable to see what is still missing.
Diageo's CEO has indicated to just-drinks that the group is unlikely to make an immediate move for Beam Global drinks brands once the US firm becomes a standalone spirits player.
Diageo is bullish on sales and profits growth over the medium-term, after seeing emerging markets help to insulate the Smirnoff distiller from troubles in Europe in its most recent fiscal year.
Diageo is openly seeking more acquisitions in emerging markets and might even have a pop at Jim Beam, but the bullish talk was not enough to crush investors' disappointment at the drinks giant's half-year results. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report