Round-Up - CEDC's Very Public Spat
A row has broken out this month between Central European Distribution Corp and major shareholder Russian Standard. Here's how the disagreement unfolded.
It's never likely to be good news when you're begging for a helping hand, but that's exactly the spot Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC) has found itself in.
Central European Distribution Corp has called on its biggest shareholder, Russian Standard, to bid for the debt-laden group or make a “definitive” offer to help it tackle its financial problems.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has denied a claim by its biggest shareholder, Roustam Tariko, that company executives are being investigated for corruption.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has returned to profit in year-to-date results, but declining vodka volumes in Russia, as well as net sales overall, highlight underlying concerns.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has posted a leap in losses in the first half of 2012, driven by weak foreign exchange rates and a decline in Russia sales.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has appointed Russian Standard founder, Roustam Tariko, interim president to deepen ties between the former vodka rivals.
A deal with vodka rival Russian Standard has given Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC) breathing space over refinancing and pumped value into its flat-lining shares, according to an analyst.
Central European Distribution Corp has done the only thing that looked viable, as 'brand Russia' in vodka moves a step nearer to reality.
Earlier today (23 April), Russian Standard finally got the okay to up its stake in Central European Distribution Corporation. The move, which could cost Russian Standard up to US$310m, could see the firm hold up to 28% of CEDC. Here, just-drinks breaks down the full terms of the tie-up.
Russian Standard has agreed to pump up to US$310m into Central European Distribution Corporation in a move which could see the Russian firm take a 28% stake in its vodka rival.
Assurances and nuggets of optimism cannot hide the fact that Central European Distribution Corp is running out of options and needs to raise cash.
Central European Distribution Corp has said that it needs time to consider Russian Standard's offer of debt funding and assets in return for a bigger stake in the distributor.
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets