Round-Up - Carlsberg's H1 Results
In August, Carlsberg released its half-year results for 2014. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Carlsberg has warned of a tough full-year for its bottom line, as half-year sales and profits came in flat.
The struggles go on for Carlsberg who, in its half-year results yesterday, indicated that things in Russia – where it is market leader – look set to get worse before they get better.
Yesterday's headlines around Carlsberg were dominated by the group's half-year performance in Eastern Europe. And rightly so. The Danish brewer relies on the region for around 36% of its group profits.
Being a brewer in Russia continues to be a struggle, and that's putting it mildly. Carlsberg and Heineken both revealed today that their first-half beer volumes suffered in the country.
Carlsberg is “considering” closing some of its breweries in Russia as the country's beer market continues to falter, the group's CEO has revealed.
Earlier today, Carlsberg reported flat first-half profits and sales and issued a profits warning for the full-year as Eastern Europe remains challenging. Here just-drinks looks at the group's performance by region:
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends