Round-Up - Cape Wine 2012
Cape Wine returns! After a four-year absence, the bi-ennial trade exhibition takes place in Cape Town this week. Here's a round-up of just-drinks coverage of the three-day event.
How best to sum up Cape Wine 2012? The three words that kept cropping up over the course of this showcasing of South Africa's wine industry were optimism, ambition and quality.
A senior executive at South African wine group DGB has said he is “very excited” about the US market, as its ‘The Beach House’ brand is continuing to show strong growth in the country.
South Africa’s wine trade is attracting foreign investment at a significant rate and the trend shows little sign of declining, according to an industry expert.
Africa could be the next China for the world's wine producers, with South Africa poised to benefit if its wine industry develops its brand image internationally, according to Accolade Wines' CEO.
Today is the first day of Cape Wine, the three-day bi-ennial trade fair for South Africa's wine producers. To mark the event, Chris Losh takes a closer look at the latest move by the country to highlight its ethical credentials.
Next week sees the return of Cape Wine, the three-day South African wine trade exhibition, after a hiatus of four years.
Next week the wine producers of South Africa get to tout their wares at the bi-ennial showcase that is Cape Wine. The three-day Cape Town trade show, back after a four-year break following 2010's football World Cup, is expecting visitors from as far afield as China, Japan and Latin America. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the current state of the country's wine industry.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign