Focus - The Current State of Constellation Brands
The release today (6 January) of Constellation Brands' Q3 results means the US drinks giant will hog the headlines at the start of this year as it did at the end of last year. Here's a round-up of Constellation's movements in the last month.
Constellation Brands' rationale for selling its Australia and UK wine business has become clearer following the group's publication of third quarter profits.
Constellation Brands raised its full-year earnings guidance for the second time yesterday after seeing third quarter profits triple, so, naturally, its share price fell by 8%. Here, we examine a day of contrasts for the wine giant.
Constellation Brands has said that the sale of its Australian and UK wine operations will help it to become more profitable.
Constellation Brands has raised its full-year earnings guidance, despite suffering a 2% drop in net sales in the third quarter.
Constellation Brands will report its third-quarter results tomorrow (6 January). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of November.
Constellation Brands is paying a heavy price to offload the bulk of its Australian wine business and its move marks a low-point for the global wine industry.
Constellation Brands has announced the sale of its Australian wine business, as well as operations in the UK and South Africa, to private equity group CHAMP for AUD290M (US$290.8m).
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report