Focus - Diageo's Q1 Results
Diageo released its results for the three months to the end of September this week. Here's a closer look at the numbers and the reactions they prompted
Diageo could raise its profits guidance if the Johnnie Walker distiller's trading momentum from the first quarter continues over the key Christmas period, analysts believe.
Shares in Diageo, the world's largest spirits maker slid as much as 2.2% in trading yesterday (14 October), on the release of its first quarter results.
Strong demand in emerging markets continued to boost Diageo's sales in the first quarter of its new fiscal year, but the Guinness brewer remains cautious on Europe and North America.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits