Focus - Diageo's Q1 Results
Diageo released its results for the three months to the end of September this week. Here's a closer look at the numbers and the reactions they prompted
Diageo could raise its profits guidance if the Johnnie Walker distiller's trading momentum from the first quarter continues over the key Christmas period, analysts believe.
Shares in Diageo, the world's largest spirits maker slid as much as 2.2% in trading yesterday (14 October), on the release of its first quarter results.
Strong demand in emerging markets continued to boost Diageo's sales in the first quarter of its new fiscal year, but the Guinness brewer remains cautious on Europe and North America.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role