Focus - Diageo's Q1 Results
Diageo released its results for the three months to the end of September this week. Here's a closer look at the numbers and the reactions they prompted
Diageo could raise its profits guidance if the Johnnie Walker distiller's trading momentum from the first quarter continues over the key Christmas period, analysts believe.
Shares in Diageo, the world's largest spirits maker slid as much as 2.2% in trading yesterday (14 October), on the release of its first quarter results.
Strong demand in emerging markets continued to boost Diageo's sales in the first quarter of its new fiscal year, but the Guinness brewer remains cautious on Europe and North America.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review