| 3 Apr 2007
Chris Losh sees the current plight of Evans & Tate, which recently rebuffed a takeover bid by the smaller, US-listed Australian wine producer Yarraman Winery, as symptomatic of the problems facing the Australian wine industry.
| 31 Mar 2015
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
| 1 May 2009
Yarraman Winery has pulled out of talks with Drinks Americas Holdings over a possible acquisition of the Australian wine company.
| 23 Mar 2009
Drinks Americas Holdings has lined up the acquisition of newly-named Global Beverage Asia.
| 16 Feb 2009
Yarraman Winery has confirmed that it will merge with China-based wine and spirits distributor Asia Distribution Solutions (ADS).
| 23 Jul 2007
Yarraman Winery is set to return with yet another offer for Evans & Tate, according to local reports.
| 18 Jun 2007
Debt-stricken winemaker Evans & Tate appears set to escape financial collapse after its bankers agreed to a financial restructure today (18 June).
| 15 Jun 2007
Speculation has surfaced again suggesting that Yarraman Winery is considering another bid for Australian wine group Evans & Tate.
| 15 Mar 2007
Yarraman Winery has said today (15 March) that it wants to pursue its takeover of Evans & Tate despite the Australian wine group snubbing its latest proposal.
| 22 Feb 2007
Evans & Tate has outlined the terms of the latest takeover bid from Yarraman Winery as the two companies embark on a period of due diligence.
| 20 Feb 2007
Evans & Tate chairman John Hopkins said today (20 February) that the Australian wine group has yet to see the details of how Yarraman Winery would fund its bid for the company.
| 20 Feb 2007
Australian wine group Evans & Tate has today (20 February) given a “tentative green light” to the latest takeover offer from Yarraman Winery.
| 19 Feb 2007
Evans & Tate has called on Yarraman Winery to fully disclose all the information surrounding its latest offer for the Australian wine group.
| 14 Feb 2007
Evans & Tate has extended its review period for consideration of the takeover bid from US-listed Australian group Yarraman Winery.
| 2 Feb 2007
Yarraman Winery has moved to improve its takeover bid for Australian wine group Evans & Tate.
| 12 Jan 2007
US-listed Yarraman Winery has insisted talks with Evans & Tate are “ongoing” despite the Australian wine group rejecting its A$131m (US$102m) takeover bid.
| 5 Jan 2007
US financial giant GE has reportedly been named as the backer for Yarraman Winery’s pursuit of beleaguered wine group Evans & Tate.
| 28 Dec 2006
The Evans & Tate board of directors has opted to take more time to mull over a takeover bid from US-listed Australian wine group Yarraman Winery. Evans & Tate’s board met on Boxing Day (26 December) to look at Yarraman’s offer, which values the West Australia-based wine group at around A$131m (US$103.3m).
| 22 Dec 2006
Yarraman Winery CEO Wayne Rockall is hopeful an acquisition of Australian wine group Evans & Tate would be “the first of several” the US-listed company makes throughout New World wine territories. Rockall told just-drinks today (22 December) that Yarraman, which has tabled a takeover bid for Evans & Tate, is looking to significantly expand over the next five years.
| 21 Dec 2006
The Evans & Tate board of directors will meet in the next week to consider a takeover bid from US-listed Australian wine group Yarraman Winery.
| 1 Sep 2006
Australia’s Yarraman Winery has announced the resignation of company CEO and president Andrew Lyon.
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research