The Portman Group
This month, Larry Nelson has spotted a flaw in the drinks industry's regulation of its own products....
The UK's Coalition Government is showing every sign of being stumped by the country's love affair with the bottle, not that the industry is...
Over the past two years, the name Drinkaware has become a familiar feature on drinks labels in the UK. Drinkaware’s chief executive Chris So...
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
To coincide with tomorrow's forum on responsible drinking in the UK, this month's 'just the Answer' sees Olly Wehring tackle the CEO of Drinkaware, Chris Sorek.
Phusion Projects is facing fresh criticism over its Four Loko brand after the UK's industry watchdog ruled that the alcoholic drink's name breached packaging rules.
Drinks companies that sponsor sport, music and cultural events in the UK will be monitored under a new industry code being introduced today (31 January).
Around 90% of UK alcoholic drinks tested for responsible packaging have passed an audit, industry watchdog the Portman Group has revealed.
The UK Coalition Government has officially abandoned plans to introduce minimum unit pricing for alcohol in England and Wales.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK