The Patrón Spirits Company
Pernod Ricard’s unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring reviews the major events in the spirits arena during 2008.
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by suits in nightclubs and trendy bars. Yet there's nothing genteel or sophisticated about the legal bar-room brawl that broke out over the US$1bn brand last year.
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, Dean Best speaks with the company’s COO John McDonnell, and Mike Hill, vice president, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, about the company’s rapid progress and premium ethos.
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution for its spirits portfolio in Lebanon.
The Patrón Spirits Company has said that duty-free sales of Patrón Tequila are showing double-digit growth this year, despite falling passenger traffic at many international airports.
Patrón Spirits Company has joined the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS), in the US.
The Patrón Spirits Company has finalised a partnership with Aer Rianta to list Patrón at Moscow airports Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo, and Vnukovo, and St Petersburg’s Pulkovo airport.
Bacardi Global Brands has launched a wide-ranging review of its advertising strategy.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi has acquired a “significant” - albeit unspecified – minority stake in The Patrón Spirits Company.
Patrón Tequila has partnered with New Orleans’ St Bernard Project and Preservation Hall to create a national fundraising initiative in the US.
The Patrón Spirits Company has appointed distributors to represent it in the Spanish and Russian domestic markets.
The Patrón Spirits Company has acquired the global distribution rights of the Ultimat vodka portfolio from Adamba Imports International.
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK.
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila.
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck a key duty-free deal with a listing at World Duty Free stores at the UK’s largest airports.
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck another distribution deal in Asia with an agreement covering the South Korean market.
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US.
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand.
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution deals in Europe and Asia as it looks to grow its namesake premium Tequila outside the US.
Tequila Market in US 2016-2020
Tequila is distilled from the blue agave plant, which native to Mexico. It is made either from 51% or 100% agave, and the resultant spirit is priced accordingly....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends