PepsiCo has started production at its largest beverage plant in India after company CEO Indra Nooyi inaugurated the site.
Ball Corp has agreed to acquire fellow can maker Rexam for GBP4.3bn (US$6.6bn) after the UK firm accepted a sweetened takeover offer.
Rexam is to boost its can capacity in India with a new GBP50m (US$77m) plant in the south of the country.
Can maker Rexam has confirmed it is in talks to be acquired by US-based Ball Corp in a deal worth around GBP4.3bn (US$6.54bn).
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global soft drinks & bottled water category. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and spirits & wine.
Dairy Packaging in Argentina
By mid-2013 SanCor Cooperativas Unidas Ltda launched a practical and modern shaped liquid carton of one litre format in drinking yogurt, with its brand yogs. This pack represented the first of its typ...
Dairy Packaging in the United Kingdom
Retail volume sales of milk are in decline, and in 2010, for the first time, they fell below the four million tonnes mark and have remained below such level since. HDPE bottles are the most popular pa...
Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Spain
There were no new trends with a significant influence over alcoholic drinks packaging in Spain in 2013. There is a consensus amongst the industry that the country’s adverse economic situation is the m...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets