As owner of some of the world’s most successful alcohol brands, Diageo clearly recognises the importance of innovation. Olly Wehring spoke with Syl Saller, global innovations director at Diageo, about its brand innovation strategy and the role innovation can play in battling the recession.
Diageo has launched Pimm's in Greece, the first European country to host the liqueur brand outside its home UK market.
Diageo has launched a flavoured extension to its Pimm's range in time for the summer.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's distributor in the UK, Maxxium, is to maintain its marketing spend on Courvoisier Cognac in 2011, buoyed by success from increasing its investment last year.
Soft drinks group AG Barr this week bowed to pressure from regulatory authorities and agreed to remove two colourings from its flagship Irn-Bru drink.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK