INAO - Institut National des Appellations d’Origine
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Yves Bénard is to become the first Frenchman to lead the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV) for more than 40 years.
French spirits body Fédération Française des Spiritueux has named Jean-Pierre Lacarrière as its new president.
French wine body the Conseil des Vins de Saint-Emilion (CVSE) is lobbying the Ministry of Agriculture to appeal to France’s Council of State over a recent court decision confirming the scrapping of the 2006 St Emilion classification.
To a backdrop of growing global demand, the national committee of French AOC validating body, the INAO, has unanimously approved a project to enlarge the production zone of Champagne which until now has been restricted by legislation dating back to 1927.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head