Baileys Irish Cream
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global markets outside Africa, both in the wine sector and in the liqueur category with its Amarula Cream brand. Nuria Sadurni of Euromonitor International reports.
The duty free business has recovered relatively quickly from the major disruption caused by the security scare in the UK in the summer, writes Joe Bates. And as the industry prepares for the annual Tax Free World Association travel retail trade show in Cannes next week, drinks suppliers have cause for cautious optimism with signs that their share of the market has stabilised after years of steady decline.
Despite attracting more consumers each year than any other drinks brand in the UK, Baileys Irish Cream can count only a fifth of its consumers as regular drinkers. Chris Brook-Carter met Diageo’s innovation manager, Chris Stagg, to hear more about Baileys Glide, a new line extension designed to change that.
Though still a long way behind Baileys, Amarula Cream liqueur could well be one of the brands to lead the South African beverage industry into the international market . Arnold Kirkby discovers how the marula fruit, favourite fruit of the African elephant is finding recognition as a leading cream liqueur on the international market.
Diageo has appointed Stock Spirits Group to exclusively distribute its premium brands across Czech.
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK.
Diageo's Baileys Irish cream liqueur brand is to sponsor the new series of Desperate Housewives in the UK.
Diageo has followed its formation of a joint venture in Japan with a realignment of its distribution in the country.
Diageo has announced a category-wide campaign in a bid to maximise spirit sales in the UK this Autumn.
Diageo has announced that it has produced its one-billionth bottle of Baileys Irish Cream.
Diageo Great Britain (GB) will spend more than GBP1m (US$1.74m) on boosting Baileys sales in the lead up to Easter.
Diageo is introducing a new global advertising campaign for its Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur.
Jim Beam is to team up with Starbucks to produce a premium coffee liqueur.
Lakeland Dairies has won a supply contract with Baileys.
Diageo is expecting sales of its world leading liqueur Baileys Irish Cream to double over the next five years and are investing €64m in a second production plant to meet the volume requirements.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends