Baileys Irish Cream
| 11 Jul 2007
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global markets outside Africa, both in the wine sector and in the liqueur category with its Amarula Cream brand. Nuria Sadurni of Euromonitor International reports.
| 20 Oct 2006
The duty free business has recovered relatively quickly from the major disruption caused by the security scare in the UK in the summer, writes Joe Bates. And as the industry prepares for the annual Tax Free World Association travel retail trade show in Cannes next week, drinks suppliers have cause for cautious optimism with signs that their share of the market has stabilised after years of steady decline.
| 12 Aug 2003
Despite attracting more consumers each year than any other drinks brand in the UK, Baileys Irish Cream can count only a fifth of its consumers as regular drinkers. Chris Brook-Carter met Diageo’s innovation manager, Chris Stagg, to hear more about Baileys Glide, a new line extension designed to change that.
| 25 Jan 2002
Though still a long way behind Baileys, Amarula Cream liqueur could well be one of the brands to lead the South African beverage industry into the international market . Arnold Kirkby discovers how the marula fruit, favourite fruit of the African elephant is finding recognition as a leading cream liqueur on the international market.
| 13 Nov 2013
Diageo has appointed Stock Spirits Group to exclusively distribute its premium brands across Czech.
| 19 Mar 2010
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK.
| 26 Jan 2010
Diageo's Baileys Irish cream liqueur brand is to sponsor the new series of Desperate Housewives in the UK.
| 13 Jul 2009
Diageo has followed its formation of a joint venture in Japan with a realignment of its distribution in the country.
| 18 Aug 2008
Diageo has announced a category-wide campaign in a bid to maximise spirit sales in the UK this Autumn.
| 3 Dec 2007
Diageo has announced that it has produced its one-billionth bottle of Baileys Irish Cream.
| 13 Feb 2006
Diageo Great Britain (GB) will spend more than GBP1m (US$1.74m) on boosting Baileys sales in the lead up to Easter.
| 12 Oct 2005
Diageo is introducing a new global advertising campaign for its Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur.
| 13 Apr 2004
Jim Beam is to team up with Starbucks to produce a premium coffee liqueur.
| 14 Jan 2004
Lakeland Dairies has won a supply contract with Baileys.
| 16 Jan 2002
Diageo is expecting sales of its world leading liqueur Baileys Irish Cream to double over the next five years and are investing €64m in a second production plant to meet the volume requirements.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research