As its Japanese home market struggles to expand Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd looks at the recent overseas ventures that the Asahi Group ha...
Last month, the chairman and former CEO of SABMiller, Graham Mackay, passed away. Ahead of a memorial service in London later this week, Lar...
A merger between Carlsberg and one of the other 'Big Four' global brewers remains "unlikely", but a tie-up with Anheuser-Busch InBev is not...
Last week, the International Spirits Challenge announced the full list of gold medal and trophy-winning spirits brands for 2013. Here is the...
Founded in 1575, Bols claims to be the oldest spirits brand in the world. After a rocky recent past, the company is back in Dutch hands. just-drinks caught up with Lucas Bols' self-styled “chief energizing officer” Huub van Doorne to talk about the company's plans, the launch of its new yoghurt liqueur and why the brand is big in Japan.
Last week we ran the first part of our exclusive interview with the chief marketing officer of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Chris Burggraeve. Here's part two, in which Olly Wehring tries to get inside the inner sanctum of A-B InBev. Read on to learn how successful he was.
Asahi Holdings has announced a further streamlining of its business in Australia, with its alcohol and soft drinks set units to merge.
The International Center for Alcohol Policies and the Global Alcohol Producers Group have agreed to amalgamate their operations.
Carlsberg has bought a 51% stake in MayBev, the exclusive distributor for Ashai in Singapore.
Tsingtao Brewery Co has seen a healthy rise in full-year profits and gained market share, according to reports.
Asahi Group is targeting sales of IDR5tn (US$430m) for its non-alcoholic beverage joint-ventures in Indonesia by 2017 as demand in the country grows.
On just-drinks last week:
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK