Editor's Viewpoint - Pernod Ricard: What Time Do You Call This?
Createurs de convivialite it may be, but Pernod Ricard has no time for the lie-in
For as long as I've known the firm, Pernod Ricard has always carried itself with an air of Gallic insouciance: The senior exec team is always happy to go off-the-record with the fourth estate, while the broader company approach of "local roots, global reach" shows a company at ease both with its surroundings and with itself.
And yet, there is something distinctly un-French about the way Pernod goes about its regular results briefings here in London. For a start, the six-monthly presentation, the latest of which took place this morning, is always held somewhere in The City, the financial district of the capital.
Now, I'm not saying we ought to be dragged to (shudder) Hounslow, where Pernod Ricard UK has its offices. This west London suburb will be described as “up-and-coming” for quite a few years to come. Nor am I suggesting lining up deckchairs in the vineyards of Cognac.
But, The City?
And then, we are expected to rock up for 0900 in the morning for a 0915 start.
I admit that SABMiller start their quarterly division seminars at 0900, but at least they're held in the relative leafiness of the Park Lane area of London. Diageo, meanwhile, are happy for us to get to them – in central London - for midday to hear them parade their half-year numbers.
In an ideal world, I'd love to hear the Pernod folk detail their results just before lunchtime somewhere around the very centre of town.
Actually, in an ideal world, maybe they'd come round to mine to do it.
In the second part of just-drinks' exclusive interview with the outgoing CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet, here he looks back at some of the deals that have shaped the company, and his role in th...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This week sees Pernod Ricard switch its CEO, with Alexandre Ricard replacing Pierre Pringuet in the hot seat. With Pringuet retiring, just-drinks met up with him one last time to look back at his near...
Synopsis Canadean's "SABMiller plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review