just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. Here's a look at Paddy and its position in the Irish whiskey category and Pernod's portfolio.
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced the intended sale of SABMiller's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe. Here's a breakdown of the brands and assets that are now available to purchase.
Earlier this week, US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
Earlier this week, US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest craft brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
China Resources Beer, the joint-owner of Snow with SABMiller, released its full-year results for 2015 this week. The company will soon gain full control of Snow after it agreed a deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev this month, so here's a low-down on the brand, using data from CR Beer's investors presentation.
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari announced its planned takeover of Marnier-Lapostolle. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the French company.
Earlier this week, Bernstein released the fourth edition of its annual global beer guide. With commentary from the sell-side research and brokerage firm, here's a look at the report's significant research conclusions.
just-drinks is in Madrid today as a guest of Mahou San Miguel. Here's a look at how the company has grown to become Spain's beer market leader.
Late yesterday, Diageo announced the divestment of part of its wine operations to Australia-based Treasury Wine Estates (TWE). Here, we take a closer look at what the deal includes:
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller secured an “agreement in principle” for AB InBev to acquire SAB. Here's a breakdown of the proposal.
This week, Anheuser-Busch InBev is holding an investors seminar in China. Here's a low-down on the company's footprint in the country and in Asia Pacific, as well as its expectations for the future, courtesy of data from Nomura and Exane BNP Paribas.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is holding an investors seminar in Guangzhou, China. Here's a low-down on the company's global footprint and its core brands.
Yesterday saw the announcement of a merger of three Coca-Cola bottlers in Western Europe. Here, just-drinks looks at the details behind the deal:
Earlier today, Diageo and Heineken announced the dissolution of their joint venture in South Africa and Namibia with Namibian Breweries Ltd (NBL). Here are the full details behind the transaction.
Earlier today, Britvic announced the purchase of Brazilian soft drinks company Empresa Brasileira de Bebidas e Alimentos (EBBA).
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends