just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Here, courtesy of the Irish Whiskey Association, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Yesterday, the International Organisation of Vine and Wine released its 2014 report. Here are some key facts it includes on the global wine industry:
Earlier today, Diageo confirmed plans to take full control of UB Group's United National Breweries. The Guinness producer will pay an initial US$22m for the 50% of the sorghum beer producer it does not already own. Here's some facts on United National Breweries:
just-drinks has spent this week visiting Chile as a guest of the country's largest wine producer, Concha y Toro. Here's a closer look at the facts and figures behind Chile's wine industry
Lucas Bols, the Dutch owner of spirits and liqueur brands including Bols and Pisang Ambon, today announced plans to list on the Amsterdam stock exchange in a EUR125m IPO. Here, courtesy of Lucas Bols and just-drinks, is a rundown on the company:
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
Yesterday, SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Co and Gutsche Family Investments – the owner of Coca-Cola Sabco - announced their intention to combine their bottling operations in east and southern Africa. Here, we take a look at the finer detail of the arrangement.
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Here is a quick breakdown of how Australian wine fares in China:
Last month, just-drinks met Oliver Braun, the export and international sales director for Krombacher. Here's a closer look at the German brewer.
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
Earlier today, Diageo announced that it is swapping the 50% of Tequila Don Julio held by Jose Cuervo for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand and US$408m. Here is a closer look at Don Julio.
Here, courtesy of Nielsen, is a list of the top ten wine brands in the UK off-trade for the year to 11 October.
Earlier today, Constellation Brands announced it is branching out into Tequila with the acquisition of Casa Noble . Here just-drinks takes a more detailed look at the brand:
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer