just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Earlier today, Diageo and Heineken announced the dissolution of their joint venture in South Africa and Namibia with Namibian Breweries Ltd (NBL). Here are the full details behind the transaction.
Earlier today, Britvic announced the purchase of Brazilian soft drinks company Empresa Brasileira de Bebidas e Alimentos (EBBA).
Coca-Cola and Coors are the most popular soft and alcoholic drinks, according to Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint report – an annual study of the most chosen FMCG brands globally.
Here, courtesy of the Irish Whiskey Association, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Yesterday, the International Organisation of Vine and Wine released its 2014 report. Here are some key facts it includes on the global wine industry:
Earlier today, Diageo confirmed plans to take full control of UB Group's United National Breweries. The Guinness producer will pay an initial US$22m for the 50% of the sorghum beer producer it does not already own. Here's some facts on United National Breweries:
just-drinks has spent this week visiting Chile as a guest of the country's largest wine producer, Concha y Toro. Here's a closer look at the facts and figures behind Chile's wine industry
Lucas Bols, the Dutch owner of spirits and liqueur brands including Bols and Pisang Ambon, today announced plans to list on the Amsterdam stock exchange in a EUR125m IPO. Here, courtesy of Lucas Bols and just-drinks, is a rundown on the company:
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
Yesterday, SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Co and Gutsche Family Investments – the owner of Coca-Cola Sabco - announced their intention to combine their bottling operations in east and southern Africa. Here, we take a look at the finer detail of the arrangement.
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Here is a quick breakdown of how Australian wine fares in China:
Last month, just-drinks met Oliver Braun, the export and international sales director for Krombacher. Here's a closer look at the German brewer.
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
Earlier today, Diageo announced that it is swapping the 50% of Tequila Don Julio held by Jose Cuervo for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand and US$408m. Here is a closer look at Don Julio.
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research