A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Are you safe from the tax authorities? The wine and spirits industry is driven by valuable brands, each of which contains intellectual property at its heart. But, are brand owners putting themselves at risk of additional tax liabilities due to artificially-constructed, profit-shifting, transfer pricing schemes?
Late last week, Concha y Toro released its results for the first half of 2015. Here, we take a closer look at the company's performance in the period.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported operating profits within its guidance for fiscal-2015, although the Absolut brand was hit by an impairment charge in the period. Here's a closer look at the Paris-headquartered company's performance in the 12 months to the end of June.
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its first-quarter results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand in the three months to the end of July.
Today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its first-half results for 2015, revealing a slight increase in profits and sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period, by region and sector.
Stock Spirits posted a sharp drop in first half sales and profits today as Poland continued to underperform. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
Today, Treasury Wine Estates posted a return to profit in its fiscal-2015 on an 8.4% rise in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
Earlier today, Carlsberg reported its first-half results, posting a near-12% slide in operating profits and a 4% drop in beer volumes. Here, we look at the company’s performance during the six-month period by region.
Earlier today (13 August) Coca-Cola HBC released its Q2 and H1 results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
Late last week, Molson Coors reported a marked fall in half-year net profits on a near-15% drop in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the brewer’s Q2 & H1 performance by region:
Earlier today (4 August), Gruppo Campari announced its first half results, including a 36% hike in net profits and a 10.5% sales increase.
Earlier today, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
As the third-largest beer market in Europe, Poland plays a sizable part in the fortunes of three of the world's largest brewers. As market leader, SABMiller is particularly keen that the country's consumers keep on chugging.
In a trading update earlier today, SABMiller posted a 3% lift in group sales in its fiscal first quarter, as volumes held steady. Here we look at the three-month performance by region.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group today posted an increase in second quarter profits and sales, although growth was slowed by negative ForEx.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research