Comment - Soft Drinks & Water - What Does Ray Say?
By: Ray Rowlands
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands focuses on the recently-announced marriage between The Coca-Cola Co and coffee house chain Dunkin' Donuts, and contemplates where the tie-up might eventually lead.
This month, Ray Rowlands explores the world of adult soft drinks and highlights the growing threat they pose to the alcoholic drinks industry.
Bottled water looks set to overtake soda as the number one soft drink choice in the US. Here, Ray Rowlands examines how the global bottled water market has developed and how it will continue to evolve.
This month, Ray Rowlands looks at how The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller, and Gutsche Family Investments have teamed up to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, and considers some of its implications for the region.
This month, Ray Rowlands runs the rule over The Coca-Cola Co and Coc-Cola FEMSA's joint purchase of the AdeS soy-based brand and asks, is it really a viable asset or actually a potential liability?
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at the intriguing world of cross-over beverages.
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at how various beverage companies are still keeping bubbles alive, despite the on-going decline in the world's carbonated soft drinks markets.
This month, Ray Rowlands sets his sights on the recently-announced Nigerian venture between The Coca-Cola Co and the Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group.
With the festive season over for another year, Ray Rowlands steps away from the mulled wine and mince pies to consider the progress of the iced coffee segment. In the UK, this is one of the smaller soft drink categories at present, for whom the seasonal window of demand has appeared somewhat limited. But, this may be about to change as exciting developments bolster category interest.
This month, Ray Rowlands turns his attention to the recently-reported link-up in the US between Monster Beverage Corp and the McDonald’s fast-food chain.
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd puts the spotlight on Indonesia and examines The Coa-Cola Co’s commitment, and that of its regional bottler CCA, to investing in this potentially bountiful Asian market.
This month, Drinksinfo's Ray Rowlands looks at UK supermarket chain Tesco's decision to pull certain soft drinks brands from its shelves.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a crafty look at what PepsiCo is doing in its attempt to reverse the downward trend in the US soda market.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, turns his attention to the oft-overlooked Irish soft drinks market and considers its potential, relative to its larger neighbour, the UK.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends