Comment - Soft Drinks & Water - What Does Ray Say?
By: Ray Rowlands
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd puts the spotlight on Indonesia and examines The Coa-Cola Co’s commitment, and that of its regional bottler CCA, to investing in this potentially bountiful Asian market.
This month, Drinksinfo's Ray Rowlands looks at UK supermarket chain Tesco's decision to pull certain soft drinks brands from its shelves.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a crafty look at what PepsiCo is doing in its attempt to reverse the downward trend in the US soda market.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, turns his attention to the oft-overlooked Irish soft drinks market and considers its potential, relative to its larger neighbour, the UK.
Following the announcement that PepsiCo is dropping aspartame from its diet cola in the US, Drinksinfo's Ray Rowlands analyses the potential effect this could have on the country's soda market in general and on the company in particular.
Following the announcement that Kraft Foods and Heinz are to merge, Ray Rowlands looks at some other actual - and would-be - company unions and asks, who might be next?
Having recently returned from Australia, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd, takes a look at some of the recent soft drinks developments he encountered Down Under and draws the conclusion that, rather than being an isolated backwater, Australia is actually at the cutting edge of innovation.
It's to Mexico for Ray Rowlands this month. How have the soft drinks and bottled water categories fared, one year on from the introduction of a tax on full-sugar drinks in the country?
Now that the Champagne corks have finished popping and the fireworks are all but a pleasant memory, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd says goodbye to the old year and contemplates some of the issues facing the soft drinks industry in 2015.
Following the news that Red Bull will have to drop its “Red Bull gives you wings” tagline in the US due to misleading advertising, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at some other contentious marketing, and finds that energy drinks are not the only beverages that have got into hot water over promotional claims.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at the changing face of the Russian beverage market and reviews the impact of the current economic and political situation on the country’s demand for soft drinks.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reviews Coca-Cola Co's link-up with Monster Beverage Corp and contemplates PepsiCo’s reaction to the purchase.
In the latest of his monthly columns for just-drinks, Ray Rowlands from Drinksinfo Ltd turns his sights on the Middle East, giving a synopsis of soft drinks trends plus a review of recent and forthcoming events affecting the region.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a trip down memory lane to look at an iconic juice drinks brand of the 1990s - Sunny Delight. He charts its progress up to the present day, including its latest venture into the energy drinks arena.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research