just-drinks authors and correspondents
Vasu Majumdar, associate director at Grant Thornton UK LLP
Articles by Vasu Majumdar, associate director at Grant Thornton UK LLP
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters.
As with nearly everything else it’s done, Brewdog’s recent fundraising initiative has been somewhat unusual. While inviting the public to invest in the company through its “Equity for Punks” scheme may be working for the creators of a beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin, this kind of alternative funding isn’t suitable for everyone.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over the place with new offerings, and clear efficiencies to be had when combining systems and processes.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends