just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by The IWSR
The story of the next five years for spirits is the expected universal and significant trading-up and premiumisation, according to the recently-released IWSR Forecast Report 2014 – 2019.
The Cognac market in China may be almost half the size of the US market in volume terms but, in value terms, has grown to be worth 70% more than the US, according to recent research.
A wave of diversity, innovation and experimentation is helping the global wine and spirits market pull out of the economic downturn, according to recent research.
The spirits industry is on the path to recovery following a hard 2009 during which many markets were affected by the credit crunch, according to The IWSR’s Forecast Report 2010-2015. Several countries and categories are returning to stability or growth in 2010, but the time and speed of recovery will vary considerably depending on local circumstances.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne