just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
French drinks group Castel Frères will this summer launch a brace of alcohol-free wines via its subsidiary company, Société des Vins de France.
Sales of Champagne in 2016 hit their second-highest level in value terms, although currency fluctuations related to the UK referendum hampered the year for the segment’s biggest market.
Carlsberg-owned French brewer Brasseries Kronenbourg has announced the launch an "alcohol-free" version of its 1664 Blanc brand.
France’s wine and spirits exports registered a second consecutive record year in 2016, according to data released this week.
Heineken has confirmed plans to spend EUR9.3m (US$10m) on one of its three breweries in France.
The Cognac industry set new export records last year for both volumes and value, according to recently-released figures.
Hit by a succession of small wine harvests in recent years, Bordeaux's 2016 crop is set to be the biggest since 2009, easing pressure on the region’s stocks considerably.
French maritime shipping giant CMA CGM is moving into the bottled water market with the creation of a joint-venture company in partnership with the Société des Eaux Minérales d’Ogeu.
French customs officers have dismantled a wine trafficking ring in the Bordeaux region that focused on passing off lower grade products as wines with as 'appellation d'origine contrôlée' (AOC).
Castel Frères has unveiled a EUR100m (US$111.8m) project to modernise production, bottling and storage facilities at its headquarters in Blanquefort, near Bordeaux.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Coca-Cola looks to fast-growing functional drinks
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report