just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Castel Frères has unveiled a EUR100m (US$111.8m) project to modernise production, bottling and storage facilities at its headquarters in Blanquefort, near Bordeaux.
Exports of Bordeaux wines to China have leapt in recent months, although the fallout from the European Union referendum has hit shipments to the UK, recent figures have shown.
The exports of spirits and of still wine from France headed in opposite directions in the first six months of this year, according to recently-released figures.
This year’s Champagne harvest will be one of the smallest in the past 20 years, although quality is set to be high, the Syndicat Général des Vignerons de Champagne (SGVC) has forecast.
Danone’s bottled water unit has increased production capacity for its French sparkling mineral water brand, La Salvetat.
French wine group AdVini is in exclusive negotiations to acquire Burgundy-based Béjot Vins et Terroirs (BVT).
Spanish road tankers carrying bulk shipments of wine from the country have been attacked by French growers from the Languedoc region, protesting against what they claim are "cheap imports" from counterparts in both Spain and Italy.
The organisers of the Tour de France have met with wine growers in the country who are unhappy at the race's sponsorship deal with Concha y Toro's Chilean wine brand, Cono Sur.
French wines, spirits reverse exports fall in 2015 - figures
InVivo has confirmed plans to update the offering from its Bordeaux trader Cordier-Mestrezat as it eyes a doubling of sales within five years.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends