just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Spanish road tankers carrying bulk shipments of wine from the country have been attacked by French growers from the Languedoc region, protesting against what they claim are "cheap imports" from counterparts in both Spain and Italy.
The organisers of the Tour de France have met with wine growers in the country who are unhappy at the race's sponsorship deal with Concha y Toro's Chilean wine brand, Cono Sur.
French wines, spirits reverse exports fall in 2015 - figures
InVivo has confirmed plans to update the offering from its Bordeaux trader Cordier-Mestrezat as it eyes a doubling of sales within five years.
French drinks group Castel has confirmed the sale of a majority stake in Bordeaux estate Château Mirefleurs to its Chinese partner, Changyu.
The French unit of The Coca-Cola Co has recruited Caroline Olliero from Coca-Cola Enterprises as its commercial director.
After two years in the doldrums, Bordeaux wines have recorded annual growth in exports, largely due to recovery in the Chinese market, according to trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB).
Provence wine growers will next week welcome a delegation of buyers from the US to a backdrop of spectacular growth in exports of rosé to the market, trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP) reveals.
InVivo Wine has taken a 21% stake in wine co-operative Vinadeis.
Earlier this week, to general surprise, French spirits group La Martiniquaise Bardinet revealed that it has been a long-standing shareholder in Belvedere - since yesterday (30 June) re-named as Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits (MBWS) - and now controls 6.8% of the latter's capital.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US