just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
French wines, spirits reverse exports fall in 2015 - figures
InVivo has confirmed plans to update the offering from its Bordeaux trader Cordier-Mestrezat as it eyes a doubling of sales within five years.
French drinks group Castel has confirmed the sale of a majority stake in Bordeaux estate Château Mirefleurs to its Chinese partner, Changyu.
The French unit of The Coca-Cola Co has recruited Caroline Olliero from Coca-Cola Enterprises as its commercial director.
After two years in the doldrums, Bordeaux wines have recorded annual growth in exports, largely due to recovery in the Chinese market, according to trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB).
Provence wine growers will next week welcome a delegation of buyers from the US to a backdrop of spectacular growth in exports of rosé to the market, trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP) reveals.
InVivo Wine has taken a 21% stake in wine co-operative Vinadeis.
Earlier this week, to general surprise, French spirits group La Martiniquaise Bardinet revealed that it has been a long-standing shareholder in Belvedere - since yesterday (30 June) re-named as Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits (MBWS) - and now controls 6.8% of the latter's capital.
French spirits group La Martiniquaise Bardinet is the latest company to have taken a stake in Belvedere.
InVivo has announced a "strategic agreement" with wine co-operative Vinadeis (formerly Val d’Orbieu-Uccoar) and the purchase of Vignobles du Soleil International.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research