just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
The cost of hailstorm damage to vineyards in the Languedoc region of southern France, in terms of lost production, could total EUR80m (US$108.9m), according to trade body sources.
A hail storm has devastated over 3,000 hectares of vineyards in Burgundy, stretching from Nuits-Saint-Georges to Maçon.
Carlsberg Group-owned French brewer Brasseries Kronenbourg has today (18 June) launched an alcohol-free version of its 1664 brand in response to consumer trends.
A Spanish court has annulled restructuring plans by Coca-Cola Iberian Partners' (CCIP), which involved the closure of four of its plants and the laying-off of 1,190 staff.
Ackerman has acquired fellow Loire Valley wine producer Les Celliers du Prieuré/Valentin Fleur for an undisclosed sum.
The Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins (CEEV) has told the European Commission to demand that the US totally renounce the use of semi-generic indications such as Champagne, Chablis and Château.
Following the launch of 51 Rosé last summer, next month will see Pernod Ricard roll-out 51 Glacial across France
French supermarket chain Casino has confirmed that some Coca-Cola products are no longer available at its outlets as a result of a disagreement over pricing.
Exports of AOC rosé wines from France's Provence region increased last year by 15% on 2012 to 14m bottles, according to recent figures.
Moët Hennessy has lined up the purchase of grand cru de côte-de-nuits Clos des Lambrays.
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp