just-drinks authors and correspondents
As principal of M&A advisors Glenboden, Stefan Kirk has 25 years' experience in merger & acquisition transactions in the food & beverages sector.
Articles by Stefan Kirk
With Stock Spirits still keen to increase its footprint in Central & Eastern Europe (CEE), which companies should it have on its shopping list? We present the case for Hungary's Zwack Unicum.
While unlikely to slip under the net before the year is out, Stefan Kirk from M&A practitioner Glenboden believes Refresco Gerber's shareholders will spend Christmas and New Year mulling a sale of the European soft drinks bottler.
Earlier this year, the Finnish Government announced plans to privatise Altia Corp, as part of its programme to raise funds for budget spending.
There's no doubt about it, the Coca-Cola Co - Monster Beverage Corp deal is a smart strategic partnership, aligning the two parties in an optimal way in the energy drink category.
Earlier this Summer, I argued that TWE's shareholders should sell out to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR), on the basis that long-term structural changes in the global wine market are unfavourable to TWE's business model.
An undisclosed bidder has apparently offered around US$6bn for San Miguel Corp's majority stake in San Miguel Brewery. The 'elephant in the room' is surely that the bidder in question is Kirin Holdings. Stefan Kirk examines the potential valuation of a potential deal, and the possible add-on consolidation of Mahou San Miguel in Spain.
Last month, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) turned down a US$2.85bn takeover bid from Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR). While an improved bid has not yet materialised, Stefan Kirk from M&A practitioner Glenboden believes that the wine firm's shareholders should ponder selling up sooner rather than later.
On the back of weak results in the first nine months of 2013, Cott Corp confirmed last week that it has appointed Credit Suisse to evaluate all strategic options that “would enhance shareholder value". Stefan Kirk, from M&A practitioner Glenboden, examines some of these options, including geographic diversification, consolidation and private equity.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research