just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Heineken’s “solid progress” during the first quarter – to quote the words of CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer – could be checked temporarily over the next three months.
Management at the Coca-Cola Co clearly views 2015 as a “transition year” as the company’s strategic shift beds in, but analysts are already applauding the early impact.
Independent craft beer business Brewdog is aiming to break its own crowd-funding record by raising GBP25m to fund the expansion of its brewery and bar division.
Canadian craft beer business Brick Brewing Co has agreed a plan with the Toronto Stock Exchange to acquire and cancel about 5% of its shares.
Elements 8 has reworked the packaging of its entire namesake super-premium St Lucian rum range in a bid to reinforce its contemporary credentials.
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's reliance on the terminology used by Cognac and Scotch whisky? Richard Woodard delves deeper.
Islay single malt Scotch whisky producer Kilchoman has confirmed a change of distributor in the UK, from Gordon & Macphail to Pol Roger Portfolio.
Old Orchard Brands has launched two new tropical variants in its Healthy Balance reduced-sugar juice drink range.
Ball Corp has announced plans to build a new two-line beverage can manufacturing plant in Monterrey, Mexico.
Thatchers Cider is embarking on a trip to China to explore the potential of the market – described by the UK company's MD as a “huge opportunity”.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets