just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Since almost the turn of the Century, it's been all about the BRICs. Brazil, Russia, India and China have spent the last 16 years as the focus for growth for every drinks company out there. Richard Woodard takes a look at the four countries and surveys their importance in 2016.
Confidence levels in the international drinks industry – across spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks and water – remain at similar levels to this time last year, with little change in sentiment in the responses to the key questions of our annual survey: the operating environment, consumer confidence, likelihood of business growth and the overall prospects for the year ahead.
In this, the second part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from the first seven of the survey's 20 questions.
In this, the third part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from questions eight to 14 of the survey's 20 questions.
In this, the last part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from the final six of the survey's 20 questions.
A deteriorating operating environment is expected to hamper the international drinks industry in 2016, according to the annual just-drinks Confidence Survey.
Do you remember the Pepsi Taste Challenge? Richard Woodard does, and he sees echoes of it in Bacardi's latest activation for its Oakheart spiced rum brand.
'Decade of Rum': The title chosen by the West Indies Rum & Spirits Producers’ Association (WIRSPA) for its recently-published report is an eye-catching one, but is it remotely accurate? Yes. And no.
Greater investment is needed in educational initiatives to tackle alcohol abuse and especially under-age drinking, according to trade association SpiritsEurope.
Mast-Jägermeister has launched a new two-bottle 'Speed Pour' freezer in the US for its shot-driven namesake liqueur brand.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research