just-drinks authors and correspondents
Educated at Reading University Ray Rowlands has over 30 years experience in international beverage research having worked for such companies as Canadean, IWSR and Nielsen.
He has his own independent company called Drinksinfo Ltd from which he offers a wide range of services to the beverage industry.
He is currently based in Suffolk, UK.
Columns by Ray Rowlands
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
Articles by Ray Rowlands
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at the intriguing world of cross-over beverages.
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at how various beverage companies are still keeping bubbles alive, despite the on-going decline in the world's carbonated soft drinks markets.
This month, Ray Rowlands sets his sights on the recently-announced Nigerian venture between The Coca-Cola Co and the Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group.
With the festive season over for another year, Ray Rowlands steps away from the mulled wine and mince pies to consider the progress of the iced coffee segment. In the UK, this is one of the smaller soft drink categories at present, for whom the seasonal window of demand has appeared somewhat limited. But, this may be about to change as exciting developments bolster category interest.
This month, Ray Rowlands turns his attention to the recently-reported link-up in the US between Monster Beverage Corp and the McDonald’s fast-food chain.
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd puts the spotlight on Indonesia and examines The Coa-Cola Co’s commitment, and that of its regional bottler CCA, to investing in this potentially bountiful Asian market.
This month, Drinksinfo's Ray Rowlands looks at UK supermarket chain Tesco's decision to pull certain soft drinks brands from its shelves.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a crafty look at what PepsiCo is doing in its attempt to reverse the downward trend in the US soda market.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, turns his attention to the oft-overlooked Irish soft drinks market and considers its potential, relative to its larger neighbour, the UK.
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends