just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Peter Saunders
Yealands Family Wines has added a further 266 hectares to what is already New Zealand’s largest vineyard.
New Zealand wine company Saint Clair Family Estate has acquired Lake Chalice in the Marlborough area of the country.
New Zealand winery Highfield Estate has been put up for sale following the death of its co-owner.
New Zealand winemaker Kim Crawford has marked the expiration of his restraint-of-trade period with the release of a new wine brand in the country.
Asahi Group has filed a lawsuit accusing the previous owners of its Independent Liquor division in New Zealand with “misleading and deceptive conduct” related to the sale price.
Compagnie Vinicole Baron Edmond de Rothschild has acquired around 26 hectares of vineyards in the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
Villa Maria has secured the purchase of Te Awa, its third winery in the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Pernod Ricard's Church Road McDonald Series
New Zealand wine faces consolidation as it wrestles with the global impact of exchange rates and a growing vintage size.
China has become the latest country to be represented in New Zealand's wine industry after investors acquired the Paritua winery.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends