just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a 1% lift in first-quarter sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand in the three months to the end of September.
Pernod Ricard has posted a slight lift in first-quarter sales, with healthy performances in the Americas and Europe partly offset by ForEx impacts.
Wemyss Malts has readied the roll-out of three limited edition, high-strength iterations from its blended Scotch whisky portfolio.
C&C Group has followed the sale of its English cider bottling facility with the divestment of its cider production operations in the country to Brothers Drinks Co.
Bulldog Gin is a brand on the rise in a category on the rise. Earlier this month, just-drinks met the company's founder & CEO, Anshuman Vohra, in London, to consider Bulldog's history, the potential for the premium gin segment and how to navigate the hurdles that face spirits start-ups.
As I write, I am heading back to London from Scotland with a whole new set of unforgettable memories from an evening spent in Scotch.
Edrington is set to run two television adverts for its The Famous Grouse blended Scotch brand in the UK and, for the first time, Sweden.
UK-based Quintessential Brands is set to relaunch four of its spirits brands in the US.
Remy Cointreau has lined up the divestment of its Passoã liqueur to Lucas Bols, with the two companies initially setting up a joint-venture to handle the brand's global activities.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020