just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
The growth of the craft spirits segment is pushing larger producers to review how they connect with consumers rather than look to purchase new-entrant brands, according to the head of innovation at Diageo.
Minimum unit pricing on alcohol should only be permitted in European countries if all other measures cannot deal with the issue of public health, according to the Advocate General of the European Court of Justice.
William Grant & Sons has confirmed to just-drinks that its Glenfiddich brand has been overtaken by Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet as the world's biggest-selling single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The Scottish Government has reiterated its preference for the introduction of minimum unit pricing (MUP) on alcohol and has joined drinks organisation's in welcoming today's opinion from the European Court of Justice's advocate general.
William Grant & Sons has continued with its global refresh of the packaging for its Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky range.
UK brewer and pub operator Charles Wells is to split its CEO and chairman roles, with incumbent Paul Wells set to hold the latter.
The international spirits category in China has embarked on a “new normal”, according to Pernod Ricard, with lower-priced offerings set to drive future growth.
Pernod Ricard has admitted that it needs to improve its marketing of Absolut in the US to connect with Millenial consumers as craft vodka continues to take share.
BenRiach has released nine expressions in its Batch 12 single cask range.
Late last week, Concha y Toro released its results for the first half of 2015. Here, we take a closer look at the company's performance in the period.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review