just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Diageo has confirmed the sale of the Acacia winery and vineyard in California, having already sold off the Acacia brand.
Craft Brew Alliance has posted ongoing healthy sales in its fourth quarter, with the top-line in the full year set to come in up on 2014.
Heaven Hill Distilleries has added a cucumber lime flavour extension to its Burnett's Flavored Vodka range in the US.
Speyside Distillers has arranged funding to the tune of GBP2.3m (US$3.3m), to help deal with "increased worldwide demand" for its Scotch whisky portfolio.
Bacardi has filed a Freedom of Information Act request in the US, after the country's authorities granted licence for Pernod Ricard to renew its registration of the Havana Club trademark in the country.
Gordon & MacPhail has readied the global roll-out of a 35-year-old iteration of its Benromach Scotch whisky brand.
Diageo's reliance on the US spirits market is less a concern and more a benefit, the company's CEO has told just-drinks.
The Smirnoff vodka brand is still "very early" in its growth journey, Diageo's CEO has told just-drinks, although that growth is more likely to come from newer markets than existing ones.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research