just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Rok Drinks has extended the US footprint of its German beer brand, ABK Beer.
Languedoc wine cooperative Les Vignobles Foncalieu has readied the launch of three new wines in the UK under the L’Instant Sud brand.
Craft Brew Alliance has strengthened its tie-up with major shareholder Anheuser-Busch InBev, which could see the brewing giant launch a takeover within the next three years.
SABMiller’s shareholders will be split into two camps to vote next month on Anheuser-Busch InBev’s proposed takeover.
New Zealand’s wine industry grew its exports last year by 10%, according to recent figures, with a similar increase forecast for 2017.
For years, they said it couldn't be done. In wine, the theory goes, if you're playing a volume game then you can't all of a sudden make the switch to a value-focussed strategy. And, for a long time, they were right: Talk in recent years of getting consumers to trade up their wine choices has fallen on deaf ears. Within the space of just two years, however, Treasury Wine Estates has proved the theory wrong.
Sapporo has lined up a US-specific dark lager under its namesake beer brand.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
The Global Travel Retail channel proved a struggle for the spirits category last year, according to figures released this week.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages