just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
In a developed market where the top two players account for over two-thirds of total volumes, smaller players would be forgiven for thinking they had far less to go at, compared to in the newer, emerging markets. But, present size is not relative to future growth potential, as one analyst has explored this week.
French wine company Bouvet Ladubay has returned to family control following Diageo's decision to withdraw from the category.
Heaven Hill has released a limited edition reposado expression of its Lunazul Tequila brand in the US.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has revised its targets for the years ahead, with sales between 2016 and 2018 expected to rise by 8% to 13%.
Brown-Forman has updated the packaging for its Collingwood Canadian whisky brand in the US.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Zico Beverages has added another fruit flavour to is 'Chilledt Juice Blend' offering in the US.
Drizly has created the position of editor-in-chief and “chief cocktail officer” to lead the non-purchase content of its website.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015