just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Irish whiskey exports will double by 2020, the Irish Food Board has forecast, with the segment growing its sales abroad by high single-digits in 2016.
Beam Suntory has secured a sponsorship deal for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand in the US with Major League Baseball team the Chicago Cubs.
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US.
Treasury Wine Estates has secured victory in its long-running legal row in China over the trademarking of the Chinese name for Penfolds.
The UK division of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the roll-out of an alcohol-free version of German wheat beer brand Franziskaner.
Edrington has announced a raft of senior executive changes that will affect its Americas and Global Travel Retail leadership roles.
Stock Spirits has reported "in line" sales for 2016, a year that was preceded by a profit warning 14 months ago.
UK company Phrooti has released two fruit-flavoured waters under its namesake brand in the country.
Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages is reported to have lined up a new facility in India, in the central state of Madhya Pradesh.
Four wineries in South Africa’s Western Cape have been damaged by fires in the region, with a fifth, in Paarl, being "practically burnt to the ground".
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends