just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
The UK arm of Heineken has confirmed to just-drinks that Tesco has pulled a swathe of its beer and cider SKUs from stores across the country.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance released its lists of the most valuable beer and spirits brands, globally. Here's the top 25 beer brands.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance released its lists of the most valuable beer and spirits brands, globally. Here's a rundown of the top 50 spirits brands.
Britvic, PepsiCo’s soft drinks agent in the UK, has announced details of a flavoured variant of the US company’s Pepsi Max CSD brand.
Pernod Ricard is set to roll out a new VS expression of its Martell Cognac brand in the US.
Mast-Jägermeister has rounded out its executive board with a third and final member.
Coca-Cola European Partners has released its first set of full-year results since coming into being, with 2016 sales dipping and restructuring costs hitting the bottom line.
Emperador has lined up a sponsorship deal for its Whyte & Mackay blended Scotch brand with the British & Irish Lions rugby team.
Earlier today, the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne released sales and shipment data for the Champagne sector in 2016. Here is the list of the top 30 markets last year.
Stock Spirits has farmed out the distribution of its portfolio in the UK to Distell, in an attempt to "ramp up their efforts" in the country.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research