just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
The US is the world’s most attractive wine market for sales and marketing investment, while China has fallen out of the top five, according to recent research.
Tomorrow (4 August), Gruppo Campari will report its second-quarter and first-half results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the Milan-headquartered company has fared in the three months to the end of June.
Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine has launched the second phase of its US marketing campaign.
US can manufacturer Crown Holdings is to switch CEO from the start of next year.
Boston Beer Co has reported a near-one-third leap in net profits for the first six months of the year, despite "developing weakness" in its flagship Samuel Adams brand.
Edrington has appointed Alice Avis to its board as a non-executive director, effective 1 August.
Brazil still offers a tremendous amount of opportunity, according to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s CEO Carlos Brito.
Analysts didn’t come away from Diageo’s latest set of results with overwhelming praise for the company, but there are some signs of life for the drinks behemoth.
Europe has not seen the same dip in consumer interest in diet soft drinks as the US, according to Coca-Cola Enterprises.
What do Brazil, the US and Korea have in common? They all managed to make appearances in analysts’ notes on Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Q2 and H1 performance - but not necessarily for positive reasons.
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research