just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
Best known as a vintage Cognac specialist, privately-owned Hine last month released Bonneuil 2006, an expression that does not carry one of the category's traditional VS, VSOP or XO descriptors. As China - the most important market for Cognac in recent years - moves away from the XO-and-above Cognac segment, and the idea of 'craft' drives interest in the category's smaller houses, Hine's new international sales director, Per Even Allaire, tells just-drinks how the company plans to make the most of the new world order.
UK drinks company Halewood Wines & Spirits has launched a range of "fresh and simple" wines called Surprisingly Good.
Gonzalez Byass has released the first organic wine to be made at its Otero winery in Spain. Finca Constancia Entre Lunas 2013 is made using 100% Tempranillo grapes.
UK drinks group Conviviality has reported a triple-digit sales boost for its full year, following the integration of wholesale firm Matthew Clark.
A new trade body for craft spirits producers has been established in the UK in a bid to promote the interests of artisanal distillers.
On Wednesday, Remy Cointreau will report its first-quarter sales figures. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of June.
The Coca-Cola Co's Spanish arm has launched two Aquarius Vive flavours - Lemon-Lime and Tropical - as it looks to move the brand away from sports drinks.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Caledonia Investments has acquired the UK's Liberation Group, including its Butcombe Brewery operations, for GBP118m (US$156m) from LGV Capital.
Heineken's UK unit has launched a "multi-million pound" campaign as part of its exclusive sponsorship of Team GB in the 2016 Olympic Games.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends