just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
At the start of September, just after Pernod Ricard reported its full-year results, analysts described the group's progress as "slow but steady". This week's first-quarter sales update prompted similar sentiment, with praise coming in the form of "broad-based resilience" and "pretty solid results". The company reported a 1% rise in reported sales, with the Americas and Europe doing the lifting.
Experts have said drinks and brands that do not centre around one gender will drive future trends, as modern consumers look to avoid stereotypes.
Bacardi has repackaged its Oakheart spiced rum in the US, as the company looks to distance the iteration from its namesake brand.
Walsh Whiskey Distillery has released a 17-year-old single cask, single malt Irish whiskey to mark its 17 years in business.
The COO of Diageo's entrepreneur investment arm, Distill Ventures, has set out five advantages that small, start-up brands have over large drinks companies.
Edrington is to release a 40-year-old expression of its The Macallan Highland single malt Scotch whisky.
Conviviality Group has lined up price increases in the UK across its Bibendum PLB and Matthew Clark businesses, as the falling Pound starts to squeeze margins.
Talking Rain has launched its Sparkling Ice brand in Mexico, as the US company continues to expand its global footprint.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends