just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
The trade body for Australian wine has said that research into the country's terroir will form the centrepiece of its latest R&D projects, as it looks to raise the reputation of its wines.
Pernod Ricard has introduced a new Absolut vodka flavour to the US market.
Sogrape's UK unit has appointed Liberty Wines to handle its wine brands in the market.
Brewery workers at Molson Coors' Toronto plant have taken industrial action, following failed contract negotiations.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits to handle its wine portfolio in Canada.
Legalised marijuana use in the US is unlikely to threaten beer consumption in the country, according to analysts at Bernstein, as has been widely feared by brewers.
Ready-to-drink brand Ibiza Ice has returned to the UK, eight years after it first appeared in the market.
Diageo's Australian unit has appointed Andrew Clarke to the role of commercial director.
China's thirst for top-end Cognac is returning, according to Pernod Ricard's luxury & customer relationship management director.
Tareef Shawa joined Pernod Ricard in 2014, bringing with him luxury credentials from American Express's invitation-only Centurion division, as well as seven years at LVMH's Louis Vuitton as director of global client development. Speaking to just-drinks in London this week, the group's luxury & customer relationship management director discusses the concept of luxury, its role within Pernod and how to quantify the success of luxury events.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends